If you have forgotten your screen lock code you need to reset the device to factory defaults. NB! Apps and data will be deleted!
Here is what you have to do:
- Shut the device off and make sure the charger cable is NOT connected to the device.
- Press and hold the power button and the + button simultaneously. After 3 seconds release the power button. When the display shows the text "no command" you can release the + button.
- Press and hold the power button again, while you short press the + button. The Android system recovery menu should now be visible. Release the power button as soon as the menu is visible.
- Navigate to “wipe data / factory reset” by pushing the + and – volume buttons
- Choose “wipe data / factory reset" by pushing the power button
- Confirm by using the +, - and power buttons
- The device will reset and start with factory defaults.
PS: By having your device enrolled at https://www.collaboration-x.net you can easily remotely manage and reset passwords.