Key improvements in this release:
- CA certificate verification for EAP TLS WiFi networks.
- EXIF metadata in JPEG image files.
- Solved a problem with certain configuration settings missing after a firmware upgrade.
- Fixed a bug that could the Xcaster not to stream video in SIP calls.
- Fixed a bug causing SIP registration status in the Diagnostics screen to be wrong.
- Fixed a bug in the WiFi IP settings that could cause Xcaster not to send out DHCP requests.
- Fixed a problem with entering certain special characters in the web interface.
- Modified an H.323 address format in registration requests, in order to avoid problems with certain Polycom endpoints.
- Numerous stability fixes in SIP functionality.
- Download the firmware file here: http://www.pixavi.com/downloads/XCASTER_0_9_6_53.tar
- Connect the power adaptor to the Xcaster and turn it on.
- On the Xcaster menu, press Setup->Diagnostics to find the camera's IP address.
- Enter the camera's IP address in the internet browser address field on your pc and press enter.
- Log in to the web page, and then log in as administrator (default passwords are blank).
- Select the settings tab and then select upgrade.
- Click the browse button, and locate the file you downloaded in step 1.
- When clicking send, the firmware file will be transferred to the Xcaster and “software upgrade in progress” will appear on the Xcaster screen.
- Do not operate the Xcaster until the process is complete and the unit reboots itself.
To verify the upgrade of the Xcaster, select setup > diagnostics and check that the firmware version has changed to 0.9.6.53